Tuesday, February 22, 2011

International Calling - Google Voice

I bring good news! 

First off, I will not be bringing my current cell phone to Ukraine. More importantly, the cell number you have in your phone for me will probably end up calling my Aunt after March, so keep that in mind.

While I will be getting a local cell phone in Ukraine, the rates of texts and calls to The States will probably be too ridiculous and complicated to deal with - but I got you covered for your Matt Brady texting fix. 

So I've been informed that Google Voice, an awesome Google product for GMail users that I've been using for some time now, will work to both place and receive phone calls, voicemails, and texts from anywhere in the world to this specific US number, for free! It works for the most part exactly the same as a normal cell phone number except that it's all kept and accessed online. 

So for friends and family, feel free to call or text 760.576.5682 to your hearts content from your phones! If I have current internet access when you do, I'll receive it and / or answer.


So for those who are still confused on how to call me, I actually added a "Call Me" button to my Blog - this is what you do.

  1. Scroll to the bottom of my blog and locate the "Call Me" widget
  2. Click it
  3. Type in your name and your phone number 
  4. Click connect
  5. Google will then call your number provided
  6. Answer your phone
  7. An automated voice will ask you to Press 1 to connect to Matt Brady
  8. Your call will then be re-routed to my Google Voice Number and should start ringing
  9. Wala, problem solved - and it's free!
Please be mindful of the time difference in Ukraine
Current local time can be found at the top left of the blog.

2 comments:

  1. umm... This is amazing! I am gonna have to get on board with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you have to set it up within The States - so you better get on this :)

    ReplyDelete