Thursday, January 12, 2012

Austrian Adventures

verdict
Being just two hours away from Budapest, why the hell not pop in. We spent two and a half days there and I feel we could have done a lot more. 
Vienna is cool/hip/modern with interpreted old things. Example, every other street was a Canon or Nikon store and literally there would be a Rolex store and then an old Catholic church. 
But I guess if you count the museums, palaces, theme parks, and being served iPads for menus, I think we coved a lot of ground. It was a tad more expensive than it's Hungarian brethren but the Euro was a currency I was much more confortable converting and managing over the Hungarian forint (my meal was 2500HUF, wha?). 

The city is remarkably clean and organized, so if you know anything about me, that makes me smile. Their biking system was ridiculous, with separate roads, lights, and sounds. Portion sizes were good and we managed not to get lost.

Our only regret was meeting an American on the train who suggested we visit the Secession Museum - that man owes me 8 Euro. You know I'm one for modern art but when it's just like sticks stuck in the white floor or large white boxes that flicker, I'm sorry, I don't get it.

Anyways, verdict = check it out!  

venue


voyage

No comments:

Post a Comment